Moldovan Supreme Security Council's decision on overcoming pandemic crisis submitted to government
19:08 | 15.03.2021 Category: Official
Chisinau, 15 March /MOLDPRES/ - The Presidency today submitted to the government the decision by the Supreme Security Council (CSS), which recommends actions which must be urgently undertaken in the fight against the pandemic, the presidential press service has reported.
„The people should not be left alone before the pandemic. The state must have as fundamental priority the protection of the lives and health of the citizens and provide economic assistance. To avoid a tough quarantine, firm, concrete and quick actions are necessary in the next two weeks, in order to stop the spread of the virus. It is essential that we decrease the rate of infections through well thought-out and rigorously implemented restrictions,’’ President Maia Sandu said.
At the same time, CSS suggests, in particular, concrete measures of backing the residents and the business environment on this period. Among them, the most important ones are:
- compensation of the losses of employees, holders of licences and other categories, triggered by the emergency state, by at least 1,000 lei per week;
- simplifying the procedures of registration of the status of jobless person and of applying for the unemployment benefit, in order to carry them out in a three-day period, as well as the diminution of the minimal period of contribution from 12 to 9 years and including the right to unemployment benefit for young specialists as well;
- establishment of a moratorium for the economic agents and private people at the payment of rents, public utilities, fiscal payments, penalties;
- setting a moratorium for fiscal controls and blocking of economic agents’ accounts;
- working out of mechanisms of subsidization of economic agents for compensating the losses;
- ensuring the implementation of the recommendations meant for specialists with powers in the field of prevention and combating the domestic violence in the context of Covid-19.
Also, under the CSS decision, it is necessary to urgently block the non-priority expenses, including cap the big salaries in the public system, as well as adopt immediate measures for supporting the health system.
„The government and parliament must help people go through this difficult period. A professional and prompt reaction will help us protect the people both from the virus and the economic crisis,’’ Maia Sandu said.