Moldovan parliament speaker hands Honorary Diplomas on occasion of 30th anniversary of Independence
16:30 | 26.08.2021 Category: Official
Chisinau, 26 August /MOLDPRES/ - Parliament Speaker Igor Grosu today handed Honorary Diplomas to more outstanding personalities, on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of Moldova’s Independence.
According to the parliament’s communication and public relations general department, the Honorary Diplomas were awarded as a token of gratitude and high appreciation for remarkable contributions and special merits in various activity sectors:
1. His Excellency Daniel Ionita, Ambassador of Romania to Moldova;
2. Andrei Petre, diplomatic adviser of Romania’s Embassy in Chisinau;
3. Vasile Iovu, panpipe player, soloist and instrumentalist of the Folklore Folk Music Orchestra of the Serghei Lunchevici National Philharmonic;
4. Vali Boghean, composer, musician, soloist and instrumentalist, vocalist;
5. Maria Manoli, mayor of the Zubresti village, central Straseni district;
6. Nicolae Calaidjoglu, mayor of the village Alexandu Ioan Cuza, Cahul district;
7. Valeriu Mitul, the former mayor of the Corjova village, eastern Dubasari district;
8. Ion Iovcev, former director of the Lucian Blaga theoretical lyceum from Tiraspol;
9. Lidia Cretu, former director of the Emil Nicula theoretical lyceum from the Merenii Noi village, Anenii Noi district.
„I feel honoured to award you these distinctions and, at the same time, I want to convey you a message: what characterizes you everybody here is modesty, of all I have noticed in your career. I ruled to offer these diplomas as a token of gratitude, as we must thank friends, colleagues during holidays and not only during holidays.
Let us celebrate together the Independence Day, the Romanian Language Day, which represents a treasure and an essential component of our statehood and our nation. Congratulations!’’
Moldova parliament’s distinctions are awarded by the parliament speaker to citizens, institutions organizations and creation collectives, etc. as a token of gratitude and high appreciation for their merits.