Moldovan, Romanian officials approached cooperation relations
13:18 | 10.06.2022 Category: Official
Chisinau, June 10 / MOLDPRES /- Solutions to optimize the traffic of goods on the border of the Republic of Moldova with Romania and Ukraine were identified today at an interministerial meeting in Bucharest attended by Prime Minister Natalia Gavrilița, the government's communication and protocol department has reported.
Following the discussions, it was decided to implement the contingency plan, which contains the following measures necessary to streamline traffic and unblock the customs situation:
1. Establishment of a joint group, which will coordinate the actions of the Moldovan and Romanian authorities at the border crossings, in order to reduce the existing pressure at the moment and the waiting time for freight trucks;
2. The first customs point, where the control and customs clearance will be done in mixed Moldovan-Romanian teams will be Leușeni-Albița crossing point;
3. The customs control will be operationalized on the Romanian side, by equipping it with several electronic document processing devices;
4. Freight flows will be organized according to the load, for example for empty trucks, it will be allowed to cross in transit through low-capacity crossing points;
5. The number of customs workers should be replaced in order to increase the processing rate and make the customs activity more efficient;
6. The work schedule between the control teams from the Republic of Moldova and Romania will be synchronized;
7. The phytosanitary and sanitary-veterinary authorities in Romania will operate 24/7;
8. The status of the functionality of scanners, scales and other truck scanning and checking technologies shall be checked and presented at each crossing point.
These are the actions to be taken in the first stage. The second stage of the contingency plan, which aims to normalize the situation at border crossings will be based on a joint action plan to prevent such events in the future.