All citizens to remain connected to gas, electricity, heat in winter - Moldovan deputy premier says
19:24 | 02.08.2022 Category: Official
Chisinau, 2 Aug. /MOLDPRES/- Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Spînu, Minister of Infrastructure and Regional Development, spoke today at a press conference about the actions the government will undertake to prepare for 2022-2023 cold season, the government's communication and protocol department has reported.
The minister assured that regardless of the regional situation, all citizens will have access to heat and electricity during the winter period. "I assure you all that in the winter we will have heat and electricity. No one will be disconnected from gas, electricity or heat. Yes, it's true, we will have to save, identify alternative heating fuel, have households insured with wood, coal and provide compensation to those in need," the official said.
Thus, Andrei Spînu pointed out the main actions, already undertaken by the Government, for good preparation for the cold season:
· Approval of the law on the Energy Vulnerability Reduction Fund. The fund will allow the granting of monthly compensations for the consumption of natural gas, electricity and thermal energy in the invoice;
· A Loan Agreement was signed with the EBRD in the amount of 300 million euros, which represents a financial reserve to deal with extreme situations. Additionally, it was proposed to reduce gas consumption by at least 15% following the EU experience;
· The law regarding the obligation to create strategic natural gas stocks was approved. Starting this year, gas stocks will be made for our country. Stocks of 24 million m3 are already made;
· The Republic of Moldova received 75 million euros from the European Commission, to mitigate the socio-economic impact caused by the increase in natural gas prices and to support efforts to ensure the country's energy security;
· The procedure for connecting, installing and commissioning photovoltaic power plants for household consumers has been simplified. Installation time reduced from 6 months to just one month;
· The increase in capacity quotas for photovoltaic installations mounted on land was approved, up to the value of 120 MW, thus more electricity will be produced in our country. ANRE approved the decision for these plants to be functional as soon as possible;
· Financial support for SMEs in business re-engineering and the implementation of energy efficiency measures was approved. They will receive grants worth 50% of the cost of the investment project. Through the AIPA funds and the European Village Program, energy efficiency projects in rural localities will be financed;
· Central and local public authorities, public institutions, joint-stock companies with state capital and enterprises state;
· The process of purchasing fuel oil in the state reserve for Termoelectrica was started;
· Our country has been connected to the European electricity transmission network ENTSO-E and the sources of electricity purchase have been diversified. We remind you that since May, 30% of electricity is bought from Ukraine.
At the same time, Andrei Spînu referred to the actions that the Government will take in the coming period to help our citizens get through this year's cold season more easily. The Deputy Prime Minister mentioned that today public consultations will be initiated on the Government Decision regarding the approval of measures to prevent and mitigate the impact of the energy crisis, in case of limiting the supply of natural gas and preparation for the 2022-2023 heating season.
The project provides:
1. The establishment of the Governmental Commission for the coordination of the necessary measures to prevent and mitigate the impact of the energy crisis in the event of limiting the supply of natural gas during the 2022-2023 heating season;
2. Analysis of potential risks in case of limitations or suspensions of natural gas supply by Gazprom (three scenarios with probabilities of limiting natural gas supply in proportions of 35%, 50% and 100% are analyzed). From the very beginning, regardless of Gazprom's decision, actions will be taken to reduce gas consumption in the cold period of the year by at least 15%;
3. Establishing the necessary measures to prevent and mitigate the impact of the energy crisis in case of limitation of natural gas supply;
4. Increasing the number of protected consumers, by including in this category all small and medium-sized enterprises with an average daily consumption of less than 600 m3/day, as well as heating power plants that deliver thermal energy to protected consumers and cannot use other types of fuel;
5. Increasing and replenishing the state reserves of fuel oil for the diversification of alternative energy sources of natural gas. Păcura is an alternative to natural gas for Termoelectrica to produce electricity and provide thermal energy to the municipality of Chisinau. The required total is 216 thousand tons of fuel oil and which can replace approximately 312 million m3 of gas, which represents the estimated consumption for the period October - April 2022 - 2023. The purchase contract has already been signed for the first volumes of fuel oil that go into the reserve Of the state;
6. Ensuring access to the population for the procurement of firewood. The government will ensure that citizens who heat with firewood will be able to buy wood at an affordable price. In the next period, the Government will inform about the Action Plan regarding providing the population with firewood for the cold period of 2022-2023;
7. Facilitating the import of coal. In the next period, decisions will be approved to help attract an additional quantity of at least 100,000 tons of coal. The state coal reserve will also be replenished.
In conclusion, the Deputy Prime Minister emphasized that both last year and this year the Government comes up with measures to protect the population.
"We will continue to be with the people, because they are our first concern. We live in exceptional times that will test us all. Even if the situation is not easy, I want to assure you that no one will be left behind and that, through trust and solidarity, we can also get through this crisis, as Moldova has proven many times", Minister Andrei said at the end Spinu
The preliminary draft of the Government Decision regarding the approval of measures to prevent and mitigate the impact of the energy crisis in case of limiting the supply of natural gas and the preparation for it can be consulted here: https://bit.ly/3BFDA0F.