Moldovan government's secretary general signs memorandum of understanding in field of public office management in Bucharest
18:51 | 13.09.2022 Category: Official
Chisinau, 13 September /MOLDPRES/ - Government’s Secretary General Dumitru Udrea, on a visit to Bucharest, signed along with Romanian Minister of Development, Public Works and Administration Cseke Attila, a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Development, Public Works and Administration of Romania and the State Chancellery of Moldova and the field of management of the public office and of the civil servants, the government’s communication and public relations department has reported.
„A priority direction for the government is the development of a professional, well-trained, stable and impartial corpus of civil servants, able to contribute not only to the efforts needed in the European integration process, but also to ensuring good governance. We want the exchange of experience between our countries, as to the implementation of the aforementioned norms, procedures and practices, to be able to significantly contribute to the improvement of the performance of the public service,’’ Dumitru Udrea said.
„I express confidence that the signing of this Memorandum will lay the foundations of a fruitful cooperation between the public authorities from the two states and will allow boosting the cooperation between Romania and Moldova as to the management of the public office and of the civil servants, with medium and long-term results for both countries,’’ Attila stressed.
The document’s goal is to strengthen and promote the bilateral cooperation in the field of management of the public office and of the civil servants for:
* the carrying out of a comparative analysis of the two administrative systems, with emphasis on the public office;
* identification and promotion of recent measures of reform, carried out by the two states, as well as of the models of good practice;
* elaboration and promotion of measures of reform and improving the legislation applicable to the public office and the civil servants between the two countries.
The cooperation fields regard mainly:
* the application of the quality standards in the public administration;
* consolidation of the system of professional development of civil servants, including through the diversification of the instruments used;
* strengthening the capacities of elaboration of policies in the public office sector;
* mechanisms of financial and non-financial motivation;
* creation of an electronic mechanism of unitary record of the staff from the public service;
* specific training meant for the leadership offices;
* identification and implementation of mechanisms of professional reconversion and maintaining the specialized staff in the public administration;
* developing the capacities of Moldova’s State Chancellery in the field of management of the public office and of the civil servants.
Dumitru Udrea participates along with Prime Minister Natalia Gavrilita in Bucharest in an event titled, Moldova – Romania: Capital Bridges, the first high-level forum dedicated to the promotion of the capital markets from the two banks of Prut. Also today, the government’s secretary general had a meeting with the deputy secretary general of the Romanian government, Mircea Abrudean, and the main subject of the discussion represented the drafts of the agreement on the non-refundable financial assistance worth 100 million euros on behalf of Romania. The meeting with the business environment of the Romanian-American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) was also on the government’s agenda.