Over 3,800 people from Russia entered Moldova after partial military mobilization
11:14 | 07.10.2022 Category: Social
Chisinau, Oct. 7 /MOLDPRES/- Over 3,800 people, mostly Moldovans who also hold the citizenship of the Russian Federation entered the Republic of Moldova after 21 September, when a partial military mobilization in Russia was announced. The head of the Border Police, Rosian Vasiloi, presented the data today in a press conference.
The Border Police management noted that out of the total number of people, more than 1400 have left the territory of our country. "In most cases, these are Moldovan citizens who also hold the citizenship of the Russian Federation and meet the conditions for entering Moldova," said Rosian Vasiloi.
At the same time, he said "249 people from Russia were not authorized to enter the country, as they did not meet the conditions for traveling to the Republic of Moldova".
Earlier this week, Deputy Prime Minister Nicu Popescu, Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration said he would do everything possible to keep the citizens of the Republic of Moldova out of the war in Ukraine. The official urged citizens not to get involved in this military conflict.
The official said that in connection with the significant increase in the number of applications for the completion of travel documents at the consular section of the Embassy of Moldova in the Russian Federation, it was decided to extend the schedule on days-off.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on 21 September a partial military mobilization in Russia to meet goals of the "special military operation" in Ukraine.