Moldovan government to provide compensations worth five billion lei during cold season
15:30 | 17.11.2022 Category: Official
Chisinau, 17 November /MOLDPRES/ - The government will help the citizens at the payment of natural gas, thermal energy and electric energy through compensations due to be provided on the period November 2022 – March 2023. Prime Minister Natalia Gavrilita and Labour and Social Protection Minister Marcel Spatari made statements to this effect at a today’s news conference, the government’s communication and protocol department has reported.
„Although we have been quite hit by regional and world crises in the last year, we did our utmost to attenuate their effects, especially through the compensation of the spending in invoices and through measures of increasing the residents’ incomes. Thus, through a joint effort of the government, Labour and Social Protection Ministry and hundreds of other people and partners, the energy vulnerability fund, created this year, provides for compensations worth 5 billion lei – twice as much against the year before. We come up with a targeted programme, fairer, based on well-grounded analysis, so that the most vulnerable families receive the biggest support,’’ Natalia Gavrilita said.
The Labour and Social Protection Minister said that, 645,000 applications had been registered on the platform www.compensații.gov.md, of which about 268,000 had been filled in by community social assistants, librarians, operators of Universal Centres of Providing Public Services.
”All of us through a difficult period, with anomalies on the energy market, against the background of the war in Ukraine, This is an emergency situation; yet, the government has managed to mobilize important resources for the governmental programme, Assistance for Meter. We do our utmost to help the citizens overcome the winter well. We are backed in this approach by the development partners – European Union, Government of Germany, Government of Slovakia, United Nations Development Programme, as well as other states and international organizations.’’ Marcel Spatari said.
According to calculations established by the Labour and Social Protection Ministry, the maximal volume compensated for the household consumers of natural gas will be of 180 cubic metres/month/place of consumption, which is by 30 cubic metres more against the ceiling set earlier. The prices for the household consumers of natural gas, within the limit of the ceiling, will be as follows:
- 12 lei/cubic metre for the consumers with quite high energy vulnerability, which means that, at the current tariffs, the value of the compensation will be of 17.27 lei/cubic metre. The maximal value of the compensation in the invoice for this category will be of 3,110 lei.
- 14 lei/cubic metre for the consumers with high energy vulnerability, respectively, the compensation will be of 15.27 lei/cubic metre. The maximal value of the compensation will be of 2,750 lei.
- 17 lei/cubic metre for the consumers with medium energy vulnerability; respectively, the compensation will be of 12.27 lei/cubic. metre.
- 24 lei/cubic metre for the consumers with low energy vulnerability; respectively, the compensation will be of 5.27 lei/cubic metre.
As for the household consumers of thermal energy, the maximal volume compensated will be established at 1.3 Gcal/month/place of consumption.
- the consumers with high energy vulnerability will pay a final tariff of 1,450 lei
- high energy vulnerability – 1,700 lei
- medium energy vulnerability – 1,950 lei
- low energy vulnerability – 2,500 lei.
To ensure these tariffs, the most vulnerable household consumers, with a consumption of at least 1.3 Gcal, will receive compensations for heating worth 1,825 lei per month in Chisinau and 2,080 lei in Balti. Those with high vulnerability, with a consumption of at least 1.3 Gcal, will receive compensations for thermal energy worth 1,500 lei per month in Chisinau, and 1,758 lei per month in Balti and the ones with medium energy vulnerability - compensations of 1,175 lei per month in Chisinau and 1,430 lei per month in Balti.
Also, compensations will be provided for electric energy, within the limit of a ceiling of 75 kw/hour per one place of consumption for the quite high and high energy vulnerability categories. The most vulnerable consumers will pay a tariff of 3.3 lei/Kw/hour and the second category of energy vulnerability – 3.7 KW/hour.
The compensations will be provided directly in the invoice and amount to 5 billion lei, 2.5-fold more against the last year.