About 500 projects for developing settlements selected within European Village national programme in Moldova
12:17 | 22.07.2022 Category: Official
Chisinau, 22 July /MOLDPRES/ - A number of 492 projects on local development worth over two million lei will be implemented within the European Village national programme. The contest for the selection of projects was held during March-April this year, with 728 participation files submitted in all.
The cabinet today approved the inclusion of the winner projects in the list of priority projects of local development, for financing from sources of the national fund for regional and local development (FNDRL) on the period 2022-2023, the government’s communication and protocol department has reported.
Thus, out of 492 projects selected:
* 152 are meant for the construction/extension/rehabilitation/modernization of water supply systems, water-purifying and sewerage systems;
* 43 projects – public illumination’s setting;
* 35 projects – elaboration of general urban plans;
* 120 projects – construction, renovation/rehabilitation of public buildings, including through measures of improving the energy efficiency;
* 8 projects – setting systems of production and supply of energy by use of renewable resources;
* 71 projects – construction, reconstruction of sports buildings, centres for taking care of children, elderly people and people with special needs;
* 52 projects – restoration/rehabilitation/reconstitution/conservation of monuments/historical structures;
* 11 projects – co-financing of projects implemented from external assistance sources.
In the next period, following the approval of projects’ list, the National Office of Regional and Local Development are to initiate the procedure of signing contracts on financing with local public administrations.
It is worth mentioning that, to finance the winner projects, financial means allocated by FNDRL will be used, provided for in the annual state budget law, financial means earmarked from external sources, budgets of local public authorities, as well as other sources allowed by the law.