en

 

Politics
21 May, 2026 / 19:48
/ 02 April, 2026

Moldovan government representatives to present to parliamentary factions actions taken during emergency state, proposals on future developments

Government representatives will present to parliamentary factions the actions taken during the state of emergency, the solutions for the coming period and the arguments that could justify moving from the state of emergency to a state of alert. Parliament Speaker Igor Grosu today made statements to this effect.

The speaker underlined that the presentations has started on April 1 with the Action and Solidarity Party (PAS) parliamentary faction and would continue with other parliamentary factions on April 3.

During the discussions, representatives of the government, the Commission for Emergency Situations (CSE) and the National Crisis Management Center (CNMC) will unveil what has happened so far during the state of emergency, what actions have been undertaken by the authorities and what their proposal is for the coming days.

“Yesterday, government representatives began to present within the factions what the current situation is and what the solutions for the future are. The presentations started with the PAS faction. Tomorrow, the presentations will continue in the other factions. Representatives of the government, the CSE and CNMC will present what has happened so far, what actions have been taken by the authorities, and what their proposal is for the coming days. They will come with arguments, as to whether it is necessary to move from an exceptional situation to a state of alert,” Parliament Speaker Igor Grosu said before the today’s parliament meeting.

Prime Minister Alexandru Munteanu on April 1 said that the state of emergency would not be maintained for even one day longer than necessary. He stressed that he had requested a full report on the current situation in the energy system and an action plan with concrete deadlines that would allow a return to a normal regime. Alexandru Munteanu noted that the government’s goal was to propose to parliament next week the repeal of the state of emergency, under safe conditions for citizens.

 


 
Latest News
/ 4 days ago

New local elections: Around 30% of voters turned out by 6:00 p.m.

/ 4 days ago

New local elections. Over 10,400 citizens voted by 12:00

/ 4 days ago

Citizens expected at polls to participate in new local elections and local referendums

/ 5 days ago

President of Estonia after meeting with Moldovan President: Moldova belongs to Europe. We greatly appreciate your progress on this path

/ 5 days ago

DOC // Russia intends to grant citizenship to residents of Transnistrian region

/ 5 days ago

PHOTO, VIDEO // Head of State welcomed by Estonian President in Tallinn

/ 5 days ago

VIDEO // Citizens’ Assembly on local public administration reform held in Chișinău

/ 6 days ago

PHOTO GALLERY // Chisinau, capital of European diplomacy: images from Council of Europe's meeting

/ 6 days ago

LIVE VIDEO, TEXT // Ministerial Session of Committee of Ministers of Council of Europe opened in Chișinău

/ 6 days ago

Moldovan, Czech foreign affairs ministers discuss cooperation, support for Moldova's European agenda in Chisinau

/ 6 days ago

Moldovan foreign affairs minister, Monaco's diplomacy head discuss bilateral cooperation, Council of Europe's priorities

/ 6 days ago

VIDEO // Deputy PM comments on Moldova holding presidency of Council of Europe's Committee of Ministers

/ 6 days ago

Secretary General of Council of Europe: “In a time of geopolitical tensions, Europe needs responsibility and accountability”

/ 6 days ago

Monaco assumes presidency of Committee of Ministers of Council of Europe for the first time