Moldova's Commission for Emergency Situations to revise ban of walks in parks
Chisinau, 5 April /MOLDPRES/ - Acting Prime Minister, the head of the Commission for Emergency Situations (CSE) Aureliu Ciocoi, after a today’s meeting of the single command centre of the emergency state, said that the decision on banning the walks in green areas was ‘’not quite well through-out’’ and is to be revised at the next CSE meeting.
„I recognize, in my capacity of CSE head, that this was not a well thought out decision, in conditions when the Chisinau and Balti municipalities are not in full isolation. I assume responsibility for this fact and we will revise this decision at the next meeting of the Commission for Emergency Situations,’’ Aureliu Ciocoi said.
At the same time, the acting PM gave explanations also on another subject, which aroused disagreements and negative reactions. It is about the interdiction of the movement in the Chisinau and Balti cities between 23:00 and 5:00.
„The introduction of the martial hour is not meant to limit our rights, but has the goal to prevent abuses, reduce the number of meetings in family, with friends, to make people more responsible, prompting them to isolate themselves in their own homes. This is not a quite comfortable measure, yet, an absolutely necessary one,’’ the official said. Introducerea orei marțiale nu vine să limiteze drepturile noastre, ci are scopul să prevină abuzurile, să reducă întrunirile în familie, cu prietenii, să responsabilizeze oamenii, determinându-i să se autoizoleze în propriile case. Este o măsură nu foarte confortabilă, dar absolut necesară”, a explicat oficialul.
The prime minister also said ‘’only four official reports’’ had been drawn up against employees of taxi services for the non-observance of this provision from CSE’s Instruction No 1 from 1 April. ‘’This small number of official reports cannot but make happy; this means that the people observe the rules,’’ Ciocoi noted.
In another context, Aureliu Ciocoi made a review on diverse segments as to the mobilization and involvement of all institutions and authorities in charge of the management of the emergency state. ‘’We keep an eye and monitor the each day figures as regards the infection with COVID-19 and needed measures will be taken depending on the situation. For the time being, even if the number of infections decreased, the fact that the number of deaths, of extremely serious cases, as well as the number of intubated patients is not decreasing remains alarming,’’ the acting PM said.
„The single command centre of the emergency state will hold meetings twice a week and each time when necessary. At the same time, within this centre, we will organize an inter-sectoral cell, made up of representatives of the institutions and entities with powers in the management of pandemic crisis,’’ Aureliu Ciocoi added.
The state of emergency is decreed in Moldova for the period 1 April – 30 May.
Drone illegally flew over airspace of Moldova
LIVE // Salary increases to be applied starting 1 January 2027
Public sector employees with gross salary below 20,000 lei to receive one-off payment in October
PHOTO GALLERY // Teachers protested in Great National Assembly Square demanding salary increases from September 1. Government promises solutions
Republic of Moldova received humanitarian aid from 35 countries in first half of year
Prime Minister and Education Minister joined teachers demanding pay raises
Government initiates negotiations with NATO on regulating exchange and protection of classified information
Government accepts resignation of Director of State Agency on Intellectual Property
PHOTO // Teachers protest at Government, demanding salary increases from September 1
Moldovan citizens residing in Latvia to be able to exchange driving licences without additional exams
PHOTO GALLERY // Preparations for Military Parade on 27 August: Veterans and soldiers hold last rehearsals to mark 35 years since proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Moldova
Republic of Moldova digitalized 70 percent of public services: savings estimated at over 850 million lei in 2025
Energy compensation to be available again this year
Government Spokesperson about request for pay raise for teachers: Government to present identified solutions as soon as possible
Moldova's government to recommend introducing licensing regime for imports of cereals; PM says cabinet tries to protect Moldovan producers, exporters
Partnership between Moldova's state institutions to strengthen efforts in preventing, combating torture, inhuman, degrading treatment
Moldovan PM has talks with Ambassador of Kazakhstan
Moldovan PM, Japanese Ambassador discuss Moldova-Japan partnership
ARMENPRESS: Archaeologists discover new inscription at Great Hermitage of Tatev
Moldovan energy minister inspects works at Chisinau Electrical Substation: faults detected in auxiliary equipment may cause delays
About 470 young teachers assigned to work at educational institutions of Moldova
Moldovan PM has talks with BPO company representatives: predictability, better conditions for business development
Meteorologists issue yellow heatwave, fire danger warning in Moldova; air temperatures to reach up to 36°C
Modern school minibuses for more educational institutions of Moldova: 38 new vehicles to carry pupils to school
DOC // SIS and AIM report debunks myths about real amount of ammunition in Cobasna
LIVE // 14,000 tons of ammunition stored at Cobasna, gross quantity
UPDATE Increased traffic at Leușeni and Sculeni border crossings eased
ANRE approves new natural gas rates for end consumers
DOC // NBM to put into circulation two coins on 35th anniversary of proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Moldova
Number of people accommodated in tourist facilities in country increased by around 16 percent in first half of year